The organ models are connected by microfluidic channels. An on-chip pump enables a near lifelike nutrient and oxygen supply to the cells. This allows for detailed studies of distribution and metabolization of various substances like drugs, cosmetics, chemicals, and food additives enabling the prediction of substance effects.The HUMIMIC Chip2 is designed for use with non-invasive in-process controls like fluorescence microscopy and other optical methods .
A control unit like the HUMIMIC Starter is necessary to operate the HUMIMIC Chip2.
- Efficient lifelike tissue nutrition
- Flexible combination of different tissues
- Compatible with different types of cell culture (primary cells, iPS-based models, biopsies)
- Long-term performance
- Physiological shear stress applicable
- Rapid prototyping for specific customer needs