- The HUMIMIC Starter requires compressed air from a compressed air outlet or a compressor of up to 6 bar with a volume flow of 25l/min per HUMIMIC Starter for the duration of the experimental time (for X HUMIMIC Starter you need 6 bar with X*25 l/min). If a compressor is used, it is recommended to dimension it a bit more generously, as this minimizes the load and increases its lifetime.
- The compressed air needs to be dry and oil-free (DIN 8573-1, class 1), pressure dew point 12°C
- You can connect the HUMIMIC Starter to an additional vacuum generator in order to relax the requirements on the air pressure. Our dedicated field application specialists are happy to help you with the specific setup in your laboratory.
Our HUMIMIC Starter and HUMIMIC AutoLab devices are CE certified.
HUMIMIC Chips are produced and shipped on demand. After receipt of the Chips you can store them until use for up to 7 days at 4°C. We recommend exchanging the buffer solution every 7 days if you plan to store the Chips for longer periods. Please note that the product guarantee will expire if you exchange the buffer solution.
HUMIMIC Chips have been designed to be fully closed systems to minimize the risk of contamination. Our Chips are produced in cleanrooms in accordance with DIN EN ISO 14644-1 Class 5 standard. The external surfaces of our chips can be cleaned using standard sanitization methods (e.g. ethanol). Please follow the protocols provided by us to ensure sterile conditions during experiments.
Our HUMIMIC Chips are manufactured from inert materials. They are filled with a buffer solution of D-PBS for shipment. Antibiotics can be also be added on demand.
HUMIMIC Chips are designed to be single-use devices for experiments ranging from several days to months.
We do have a broad range of protocols for single and multi-organ cultures available. All protocols are provided free of charge to HUMIMIC users. Protocols are also described in our publications which can be found at https://www.tissuse.com/de/news/publikationen/
The HUMIMIC Chip design can be adopted to fit your specific research question. Our team of engineers will be available to help you design your customized chip. All chips are currently being shipped excluding cells and tissues. Protocols for cultivation of a broad range of single and multi-organ cultures available. All protocols are provided free of charge to HUMIMIC users. Protocols are also described in our publications which can be found at https://www.tissuse.com/en/news/publications/
For any information not covered in the FAQ please contact us at email@example.com or use the contact form on our homepage.
For troubleshooting and support with HUMIMIC Chips please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
For troubleshooting and support with HUMIMIC Starter and HUMIMIC AutoLab please contact our team of dedicated field application specialists at email@example.com
- A multi-organ-chip co-culture of human liver equivalents and neurospheres for long- term substance testing
- A Multi-Organ-Chip model for analysis of immune cell - skin interactions
- Assessment Of Troglitazone Induced Liver Toxicity In A Dynamically Perfused Two-Organ Micro-Bioreactor System
- Building endothelial cell covered microfluidic 3D channels in miniaturized bioreactors
- Emulating the Human Vasculature in a Multi-Organ-Chip Platform
- Evaluation of EGFR induced on-target and target-mediated adverse effects in a microfluidic 3D human lung tumor-FT skin co-culture model
- Integrating Immunological Aspects into a Multi-Organ-Chip Platform
- Integrating skin and vasculature in a Multi-Organ-Chip Platform
- Long-term Culture of Dermal Units in Multi-Organ-Chips
- Multi-Organ-Chip Developments
- Skin And Hair-On-A-Chip: Hair And Skin Assembly Versus Native Skin Maintenance In A Chip-Based Perfusion System
- Substance exposure to organotypic human liver and small intestine
- Substance exposure to skin and liver co-cultures in a Multi-Organ-Chip
- Towards a novel human ex vivo model of Type 2 Diabetes